- Maintain safety in the classroom. It is responsibility of everyone in the classroom to maintain a safe learning environment.
- Come to class and participate. Learning is not a spectator sport. Get involved.
- Always do the right thing!
- Everyone is different, everyone learns differently, everyone has different talents. Embrace everyone’s unique talents and encourage one another.
- Focus on your classroom tasks to achieve success.
- It is okay to make mistakes. Making mistakes is the first sign that you are trying. Keep challenging yourself.
- Stay “gritty”. When the going gets tough, stay positive. Learning is more fun when you engage your mind, even if its difficult.
Homework and Late Policy
- Homework assignments generally occur if work is not completed during class time. If students will not continue to work on the assignment during class on the following day, they will be reminded to complete the assignment as homework. Incomplete assignments will be returned to the student to complete.
- Late assignments will be accepted for full credit until the end of the unit assessment. Assignments turned in after the assessment will be accepted for up to a maximum of 80% credit.
- When students are absent, it is their responsibility to meet with the teacher before class time to get make-up work and make arrangements to make up tests and lab activities within two days of the illness.
- PLEASE NOTE All assignments that are not turned in on time (or within the allowable time frame due to absence, see the GMS handbook) will be marked “missing” and “0” until the assignment is turned in complete.