With continuing toilet paper shortages and extra cleaning due to COVID-19, many people are flushing wipes down their toilets, causing clogs in the pipes and equipment at our wastewater treatment facilities!! We are calling on all Illinois residents to create a 30 second Public Service Announcement about what you should and shouldn’t flush down the toilet! The best video wins $500!
This is a great opportunity for the kids to do a fun project (and the parents, too) while learning about the importance of our sewer and water treatment infrastructure (and maybe win some cash too!)
If you are able and willing, it would be great for you to share the contest with your students (or you and your family could create a video!). below is the link to the contest and a list of the rules.
Create a Public Service Announcement telling folks what can and can’t be flushed down the toilet. You can create a news story, animation, commercial, comedy skit, music video, or theatrical masterpiece! Be creative, be goofy, be cheesy, but most importantly, get the message across that you should only flush Pee, Poo, and that all glorious Toilet Paper! The winning video will win $500!!
The Rules are simple.
-All submissions must be from Illinois residents only.
-NO professional assistance or use of copyright material is allowed.
-Videos must be 30 seconds or less.
-Videos must be family friendly (no profanity)
-Videos must be posted to the above page wall before May 1st, 2020
-The Video with the most likes by May 15th wins!
The Water’s Worth It Essay Contest is also still running, due date 4/15/2020, 1st place prize is $200!
Cabbage Juice Indicator https://gcsdstaff.org/hanson/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Screen-Shot-2020-03-16-at-7.17.32-AM.png
- Monday – Review writing names and Formulas of Covalent Compounds, Discuss writing names and formulas of Ionic Compounds.
- Tuesday – Review writing names and formulas of Ionic and Covalent Compounds, Discuss writing names and formulas of Polyatomic Ionic Compounds.
- Wednesday – Review recognizing and writing names and formulas of compounds.
- Thursday – Review recognizing and writing names and formulas of compounds.
- Friday – Names and Formulas QUIZ, Introduce Chapter 12, Chemical Reactions
- Monday – Rutherford’s Gold Foil Lab simulation
- Tuesday – Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
- Wednesday – Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table, Isotopes
- Thursday – Skitorium Lab
- Friday – Finish Skitorium Lab and Bohr models
CHAPTER 9/10 TEST FRIDAY, JANUARY 24, 2020
- Monday – Test Tiny House Model for thermal energy transfer.
- Tuesday – Retest over Ch.6 and Ch.8
- Wednesday – Element Research https://gcsdstaff.org/hanson/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ElementMeme-Research-Project-2019.docx
- Thursday – Element Research https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1EOwsstF8vAPExUNlIZPCdybGnYm0NvrIchBcEvYW09U/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday – Element Research
- hMonday – Finish Ice Cream Lab and Changes of State Reinforcement worksheet
- Tuesday – Review Greenest Homes Claim and complete Virtual Labs on Sustainable Homes and Conserving Water.
- Wednesday – Design a Tiny House in groups (2-4 of student choosing)
- Thursday – Build the Tiny House Protype
- Friday – Test the Tiny House Prototype
- Monday – Complete Plan Your Own Lab Report.
- Tuesday – Methods of Heat Transfer, Complete Insulation Lab
- Wednesday – Read pages 281-289, Complete Frayer Models for changes of State.
- Thursday – Phase Change in A Bag Lab (We are making Ice Cream)
- Friday – Discuss and Analyze Phase Change Data, Complete Lab Report