- This is my 25th year teaching 8th Grade Science in the Geneseo School District.
- I earned my undergraduate degree in education and science from Monmouth College, and my graduate degree from WIU in Education and Interdisciplinary Studies.
- My husband and I have been married for 28 years. We have three children. Two girls and a boy.
- We are also enjoying our first grandchild.
- I live in Viola, Il.
- On most school days I am in my classroom by 7:00 a.m. and can be contacted via email until the office staff arrives at 7:30, otherwise I can be contacted via the school office.¬† I generally leave between 3:30 and 3:45.
- My hobbies include arts and crafts, exercising, spending time with my family, camping, bus conversions, and home improvements.
- Family gatherings and vacations are never dull, between the 40+ family members that go camping together and July 4th celebrations involving civil war and bowling ball cannons.¬† Most would assume the circus had come to town if we camped near you…or so says my kids.
- My family and I are converting a bus into an RV when we have spare time and energy.
- Although, we can camp in it comfortably, we still need to complete the wiring, heating, cooling, and plumbing.
- Unfortunately there hasn’t been much done to the bus since these pictures were taken about 10 years ago due to our kids VERY busy schedules.
- And now we have a second bus to add to the conversion list. This bus is also awaiting its conversion due to a lack of time.
Why bother, you might be asking?
- The money invested in this renovation has not been as costly as what an RV would be.
- In the event of an accident, a bus, is more structurally sound than most RV’s.
- Building quality family memories.
- And …….. because we can.