The reading cadre for the 2018 community-wide read has already met three times this spring. They have narrowed the list down to nine books. We encourage anybody who will be a 6th, 7th, or 8th grader at Geneseo Middle School in the fall who would like to join the OSP reading group to read as many of these over the summer as they can. Mrs. Brucher will have the GMS library open on Mondays from 3-5 p.m. in June and July, so students can check out books. Books can also be requested through the public library. Email Mrs. Brucher email@example.com if you have any questions about summer reading.
- All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Conor
- Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman
- Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton
- Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar
- House Arrest by K.A. Holt
- All the Answers by Kate Messner
- A Night Divided by Jennifer Nielsen
- The Seventh Most Important Thing by Mary Pearsall
- Gaby, Lost and Found by Angela Cervantes
Our next meeting will be Friday, September 1, 7:40 a.m. in the GMS library where we will welcome incoming 6th graders to the group and eliminate three more books from our list.
On the Same Page is a community-wide literacy project sponsored by Geneseo Middle School! Project coordinators are middle school librarian Jeanne Brucher and 6th grade teacher Marcie Reakes. Should you have any questions about this community book share, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.