TEXT BOOKS WILL BE COLLECTED ON FRIDAY THEREFORE ALL MISSING WORK WILL NEED TO BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN BY FRIDAY, MAY 12.
- Monday-Calculating Work, Power, MA, and Efficiency wkst.
- Tuesday – Lever Lego Lab
- Wednesday – Wheel and Axle and Gears Lego Lab
- Thursday – Post Assessment
- Friday – Post Assessment
- Wednesday 5/3 – Multiple Choice, Short Answer,and Matching
- Thursday 5/4 – Essay and Calculations
- Each member of the group is responsible for writing a summary of what they learned from this experiment to indicate how force, motion, energy and Newton’s Laws are related. What did you observe from the activity that supports your claim? Make sure that you use the terms in your claim.
My Sustainability House Virtual Lab
For more passive solar design challenge try this:
Here is a link to a short video for directions:
3 Little Pigs Virtual Lab
- Monday – Modify and Test Solar Ovens
- Tuesday – Class Discussion, 3 Little Pigs Virtual Lab, Finish Lab Write up to Turn in on Wednesday
- Wednesday- Apply knowledge of temperature, thermal energy, heat, and methods of heat transfer to the design of an eco-friendly home.
- Thursday – Read pages 4-9 and Complete Directed Reading
- Friday – No homework
- Monday – Conduct test of building materials. Lab due Tuesday.
- Tuesday – Discuss building materials, heat capacity, and methods of heat transfer.
- Wednesday – Design and Construct a Solar Oven, Write a question on the index card provided to ask the guest speaker about the Geneseo Power Grid.
- Thursday- Guest Speaker, No homework
- Friday – Test Solar Ovens, Gather materials that could be used on Monday to improve the design of your Solar Oven
- Monday – Infomercial Development
- Tuesday – Infomercial Development (DUE MARCH 24 by 3:10pm)
- Wednesday – Class Discussion, No homework
- Thursday- Plan your own experiment to test building materials for heat transfer.
- Friday – Read pp. 164-171 and complete DRB, time given in class to complete the assignment.
- Monday – Introduce the Research Project
- Tuesday – Research Project
- Wednesday – Research Project
- Thursday –Research Project, Write your script for the Infomercial
- Friday- Research Project, Practice your script for your infomercial.
- Monday – Kinetic Energy Lab due, page 125 1-4
- Tuesday – “Over the Hill” lab, page 126 1-3, Read pages 132 – 141.
- Wednesday – Energy Conversions and The Law of Conservation of Enegry
- Thursday – “Stop Energy Thief” Lab, STUDY!!!!!
- Friday – Energy QUIZ